Date: 2/28/17 2:20 pm
From: Daniel Sloan <danielsloan215...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: Ebird question
On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 5:39:12 PM UTC-4, Sharon F1727 wrote:
> I thought Ebird would treat my record of what I assume was an escaped budgie in DC the same way it treated the domestic goose I recorded at Kenilworth Gardens, but instead the software seems to be recording it as if it was a legitimate, wild budgerigar. Am I missing something? Is there an established protocol for recording escapees, and if not, and is it better not to record them at all? Thanks
>
> Sharon Forsyth
> Washington, DC

I encountered this problem a lot when I lived in Los Angeles. Any non-established escapee I enter in my triplist, but the number sighted will always be "0." By doing this, it doesn't show up as a species on my life list, county lists, etc. I did this with a Budgerigar I saw in 2014 near Kenilworth Park. Come to think of it, I should probably do this with that domestic Greylag Goose and Muscovy at TRI.

Dany Sloan
Columbia Heights, DC