Date: 2/28/17 1:32 pm
From: Dan Prima <raptormafia...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Mew Gull, King's Beach, Swampscott 2/28
Hello Massbirders!
I went to King's Beach this morning to see the Mew Gull that's been reported over the last few days, and the bird did not disappoint!  The bird was at the wrack line a little north of the water flow outlet around 9:30 AM.  As the tide was coming in, I decided to sit and wait for the water to push the birds to me, which it did, resulting in fantastic looks at the gull!
I was also able to get readable photos of the band on the bird (using my Canon SX50 at max zoom).  Photos of the bird and bands are on my e-bird report below.   I did post the information on the North American Gulls Facebook group knowing there are some very renowned gull experts there and one of them said it was an Icelandic band....he gave me contact information as to where to send the photos.  Fascinating stuff!!
Good birding!
Dan PrimaTewksbury <MAraptormafia...>

Join us on Facebook!