Date: 2/28/17 11:07 am
From: Ron Louderback <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender ron.loud for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Re: eye glasses and optics
Contacts can help to correct mild astigmatism which may not always be corrected as accurately by glasses. But they can't be worn if you have dry eyes. Progressive lenses are a pain since there is no correct spot to look through them and if they don't sit squarely on your face all the time you end up with a bad prescription. I recommend cataract laser surgery to fix it all. Or get a pair of distance glasses plus reading plus sunglasses and then you don't have enough pockets or a big enough purse.
Carole Louderback

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 28, 2017, at 9:36 AM, Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...> wrote:
>
> I probably should have started wearing glasses decades ago.
> I'm not comfortable using binoculars with glasses on. It's a pain
> to take them off every time I use the binocular. Someone I know
> told me he started using contacts on pelagic trips, which tempts
> me to try them. But hearing that some people can't shift effortlessly
> from contacts to glasses is sobering. I appreciate that this is being
> shared. My problem isn't going to solve itself, and will likely worsen
> with age.
> Lars

Join us on Facebook!