Date: 2/28/17 10:29 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Lotsa Birds at Coos King Eider site 2/28/17
Roger Robb called me a while ago to mention that he saw the eider today and
was amazed at the thousands of birds off Fossil Point and asked me to post
it. I may have understated how amazing it was out there on Sunday. He
said there were a thousand bufflehead alone. Another thousand gulls. There
was a thousand scoters when I was there Sunday also. Hundreds of Brant.
Lotsa birds. He was able to find the eider which was still on the closer
edge of the duck slick. All these birds make it more difficult to find the
eider but the huge number of birds feeding on the herring spawn is quite
amazing to see!

Merry migrations,
Tim R
Coos Bay