Date: 2/28/17 10:08 am
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: eye glasses and optics
Same with me. When I started with glasses for reading I thought,
"I'll only use these for reading and then take them off."
But, in a few days I kept them on all the time. When photographing
birds I didn't use them though. But eventually, I just use them for
photography as well and adjust the diopter on the camera for them.
This is with progressive lenses which I love.
It took a little while as Nagi says, but now it's just natural.
I would _never_ use contacts, though. Ugh.. I'm too chicken to
touch my eyeballs. Bob Obrien

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Nagi Aboulenein <nagi.aboulenein...>
wrote:

> It took me a couple of weeks of using binoculars with glasses on (and no
> eye relief on the binos), but now that I've gotten used to it, I find that
> it's pretty comfortable and doesn't affect my ability to use the
> binoculars. I use progressive lenses on my glasses.
>
> Getting the glasses dirty has been a recurring theme for me anyways, since
> I have to wear them while looking through my camera viewfinder. I now keep
> a supply of Zeiss lens wipes (highly recommended) in my pockets, and that
> takes care of the glasses getting dirty.
>
> Good birding,
>
> Nagi
>
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Lars Per Norgren <
> <larspernorgren...> wrote:
>
>> I probably should have started wearing glasses decades ago.
>> I'm not comfortable using binoculars with glasses on. It's a pain
>> to take them off every time I use the binocular. Someone I know
>> told me he started using contacts on pelagic trips, which tempts
>> me to try them. But hearing that some people can't shift effortlessly
>> from contacts to glasses is sobering. I appreciate that this is being
>> shared. My problem isn't going to solve itself, and will likely worsen
>> with age.
>> Lars

Join us on Facebook!