Date: 2/28/17 10:01 am
From: Nagi Aboulenein <nagi.aboulenein...>
Subject: [obol] 7-Sparrow day at Sauvie Island
Greetings OBOLites,

Last Saturday, Taghrid and I had an outstanding day birding Sauvie Island
(or is it Sauvie's?). I only got around now to downloading and processing
the images, after chasing the Gyrfalcon all day on Sunday.

Swamp sparrow, White-throated sparrow and Lincoln's sparrow all on
Rentenaar Rd, numerous ducks (including at least couple of Redheads - too
far for decent photos, though), swans, etc. Tons of Bald Eagles - after
about 20 or so of them we stopped counting them, but my estimate would be
that we saw at least 40 or so throughout the day.

As mentioned in the subject, it was a 7-sparrow day - not quite as
outstanding as a 5-Falcon day, but pretty good for a day that started out
very foggy and with very poor visibility for much of the morning.

Some photos on Flickr:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskSN8UoG

Good birding,

Nagi & Taghrid