Date: 2/28/17 9:05 am
From: Deapesh Misra via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Possible Sand Hill Cranes over Centreville-Chantily
Hi,
Around 10:30 am today, I suspect I saw 5 Sand Hill cranes flying over Centreville (Fairfax county) heading in the direction of the Dulles International airport (IAD).
They were pretty high up and I did not have time to get my hands on my binoculars. So I paid attention to their call (one was calling out as it flew overhead) and snapped a photo and a video. My identification is thus based off the call primarily and I am open to hearing what others have to say.
The photo and the video are now in the VA-bird flickr pool: https://www.flickr.com/groups/va-bird/
Maybe these birds will linger around Chantilly-Herndon-Ashburn area today.
 -Deapesh.