Date: 2/27/17 6:09 pm
From: Bill Bousman <barlowi...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Palo Alto and Mountain View
Folks:

At the Palo Alto estuary mouth this morning, 2/27/17, I saw two
RIDGWAY'S RAILS on the Byxbee shore, one chasing the other, and doing
some yelling. Not sure what that was about. Five WHIMBRELS were
probably the best shorebirds. An adult PEREGRINE FALCON was coursing
through, keeping everyone on their toes.

An adult GREEN HERON was in the Mountain View Forebay entrance channel
upstream of the culvert at the end of Terminal Boulevard. A male HOODED
MERGANSER was in the middle of Shoreline Lake. There were 2460+ WESTERN
SANDPIPERS in Charleston Slough on the flood tide. I managed to find
about 12 SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS mixed in with them.

Bill Bousman
Santa Clara County records compiler

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional