Date: 2/27/17 5:56 pm
From: Michael Medina <802redwood...>
Subject: [obol] OT: Binoculars vs. New Eyeglass Wearer
I've been wearing eyeglasses (progressive lenses, mostly for reading) for
about a year now and I'm struggling with point counts, eagle surveys and
wearing glasses.
I infrequently use a spotting scope. These point counts and eagle surveys
are for pay, so it's important.

The issue is of course eye relief and the glasses pushing onto my brow
getting dirty and just generally being difficult to manage the binos and
the glasses, or the oils on the eye cups getting on my glasses if I try to

I need to collect data so I need to see my phone/tablet as well as eagles
at 800 meters.

Sunglasses are helpful too, but make phone/tablets difficult so we have
glasses that help but get in the way with binos, sunglasses that help but
get in the way with data, contacts are on the table (but I've never worn
them) and would only leave me with the sunglass problem. Maybe some
assistive reading device for the tablet?

What do people do? I could try the shotgun method and throw money into
prescription sunglasses and contact lenses but I'd like to just know the
solution :D

I'm thinking I would wear the contacts only for work which is about once a
week.

Reply off list or on list, whatever you think is helpful.

Michael Medina
Portland, OR

Join us on Facebook!