Date: 2/27/17 5:53 pm
From: Rich Rieger via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Woodcocks @ Huntley Meadows
Fairfax Co.

Posted up at the "original" Woodcock meadow this evening around 5:30p - thought I might get skunked when I didn't hear anything by six w. overcast skies and no wind...

First peent did not happen until 6;15 then two birds started simultaneously. Third one started on far side of meadow but only picked up flight displays from first two. As I was headed out, another bird was peenting close to or on the bike path. Shined my light that way, but could not find it.

Think this next front might bring in a wave for more action... we'll see.

Rich Rieger
Alexandria