Date: 2/27/17 3:26 pm
From: Luke Pheneger <phenegerluke...>
Subject: [cobirds] Sage Thrasher, Longmont!
(See pictures at very bottom)
Hi everyone,

About an hour and a half ago (2:45) as I was walking home from school I had
what appeared to be an early SAGE THRASHER pop up about 10-15 feet away
from me. I took some iPhone pictures of it making some sort of alarm call
and I have cropped them to hopefully make them more identifiable. It was
north of the Altona Midddle School, on the bike path off of Grandveiw
Meadows Dr. about 35-45 yards(ish) down the trail east of the underpass
perched in a small tree/bush. When I finished taking pictures and looked up
again it flew another 30 feet or so up trail(east) and perched at the top
of one of the red bushes. I have never had them this early and especially
in Longmont, it was a huge surprise to have it there. Tommorow I will look
for it again, and hopefully get some good pictures to share. And please
tell me if you think it could be anything different.

Luke Pheneger
Longmont Colorado

Other species include:
Song sparrow(heard)