Date: 2/27/17 12:53 pm
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Smock Prairie Birding Hike
*

The drive to Smock Prairie is deadly dangerous. Hwy 26 between Rhododendron
and Goverment Camp is Oregon's most dangerous stretch of road. I witnessed four
people die in a head-on collision with a log truck while en route to pick mushrooms.
No one has ever been attacked by a cougar in Oregon, let alone been killed by one.
A cougar used a Sequoia for a scratching post about 70 yards from our house while
our four very small children were free roaming. Since one of the kids got kicked in the
head by an elk calf, I'm inclined to say cougars made our children safer.
Lars
On Feb 26, 2017, at 4:28 PM, Andy Thomas (Redacted sender "adt0611" for DMARC) wrote:

> Holy c@ts! I would love to have seen that -- and lived to tell about it.

Join us on Facebook!