Date: 2/27/17 11:17 am
From: 'Robert D. Hughes' <rhughes.enteract...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Montrose White-winged Scoters and Long-tailed Duck, 2/27 a.m.
I spent about an hour and a half at Montrose this morning, February 27.
I haven't been birding Montrose much this winter, but I had the day off,
so I thought I'd take advantage of it. I ended up with 27 species,
highlighted by 2 northbound White-winged Scoters and a drake Long-tailed
Duck, both seen from the end of the fishing pier as part of a brief
lakewatch. I spent most of my time checking the lake and harbor, so my
landbird total isn't that impressive, but I did see a couple Rusty
Blackbirds near the Magic Hedge and an Eastern Meadowlark in the native
planting area. Link to my eBird checklist below.

Robert D. Hughes
Chicago, Illinois
Birding Montrose Point:
http://theorniphile.info/birding-montrose-point/index.html
The Montrose Birding Blog: http://theorniphile.info/wordpress/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/robertdhughes63
Montrose on eBird: http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L161180

Posted by: "Robert D. Hughes" <rhughes.enteract...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)