Date: 2/27/17 11:15 am
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: FOY Rufous Lake Oswego
*

They typically show up here, two miles into the Coast Range, 25 miles nw of downtown Portland, on March 16. We have no Anna's so the feeder is not out. A Rufous Hummingbird will appear at the spot a feeder hung from the eaves all the previous years, sometimes in the falling snow.
On Feb 27, 2017, at 11:09 AM, Courtney Appleyard wrote:

> I was surprised too - but detected some different, more nervous behavior in my Annas this am, and kept thinking I heard the Rufous buzz... have seen him 4 times now. He already runs the joint - poor Annas! I have about 14 feeders spread out on my property as I'm trying to build my population. He must have remembered me from last year, and that I lots to offer. I've already seen him on all of my dominant male Annas feeders! Trying to get a picture...
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Feb 27, 2017, at 10:59 AM, Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...> wrote:
>>
>> Are there any previous February records for Rufous
>> in greater Portland? I recall the 1st of season report
>> for Siltcoos Station this year was the earliest in 20
>> years of records.
>> Lars
>>> On Feb 27, 2017, at 10:32 AM, Courtney Appleyard wrote:
>>>
>>> Thought I heard him earlier this am, just saw him... things are going to get interesting for my bossy male Annas now!
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhonePOST: Send your post to <obol...>
>>> JOIN OR QUIT: http://www.freelists.org/list/obol
>>> OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol
>>> Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

POST: Send your post to <obol...>