Date: 2/27/17 11:07 am
From: Ty Smedes <ty.smedes...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Beaver Bottoms Waterfowl
Following a weekend of presentations in Prairie duChein and Dubuque I dropped by Beaver Bottoms Wetlands this morning, south of Granger and in Dallas County. At every bend in every back-water and pond, ducks erupted by the hundreds! Mostly Mallards and Gadwall, with a sprinkling of Hooded Mergansers and GW Teal.. Also Pied-billed Grebe, but no Woodies yet..

Yesterday morning I spotted a few Sandhill Cranes along the north side of Prairie duChein when I left and started south. They were along the river (behind the Cabela’s store).

Ty Smedes

Ty Smedes Nature Photography
4732 72nd Street
Urbandale
Iowa 50322-1148

www.smedesphoto.com
phone #515-270-9086

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it" - Thomas Jefferson