Date: 2/27/17 10:05 am
From: David Lipsy <dlipsy...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Wood Duck & Hoodies - NHTI Concord, NH
I am at the pavilion next to the NHTI boat launch on the Merrimack River.
There are 7 Wood Ducks, 4 Drake and 3 Hen in the flooded woods across the river on the north side of the entrance of the oxbow.  I did get a few long range images for record purposes.

There are also 27 Hooded Mergansers.  All but 2 are Drakes.  There are some serious mating rituals going on.

Along with the above are:

31 Ring-billed Gull
1 Young Drake or hen Common Goldeneye
3 Malards in with the Woodies, and 2 more in the flooded woods behind NHTI.
5 Canada Geese also in the woods behind NHTI.
2 Red-tailed Hawks, one right after the other gave me some (I hope) amazing BIF shots.

Now would be a great time for a Bald Eagle to come by for a few cameo photographs.

David Lipsy
Concord, NH