Date: 2/27/17 7:19 am
From: bill fontenot <natrldlite...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Plaquemines parish Bell's vireo..Still there.
BeVi in LA (winter) tend to be slippery rascals....similar to winter Bewick's Wren here.....they pop up then dive down just as quickly and it may be a long while before you see them again (or is it just me?).,.,,

on two different septembers i witnessed BeVi migrating south through their "expected" routes in Texas and on both occasions they were not skittish and quite vocal....

just thought of another notably skittish winter lingerer: Yellow-breasted Chat.

Bill Fontenot

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 26, 2017, at 10:26 PM, janine robin <janinerobin1982...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Paul and I drove down to Plaquemines parish this morning. We went directly
> to the woodlot( great directions from Cathy DiSalvo) where the BEVI was
> discovered on 2/18 by Meunier, Muth and Remsen.
> Spent about an hour there with no luck and went on to Ft Jackson for about
> an hour. Upon arriving back at the BEVI woodlot, I heard the bird give it's
> fussy call several times from close by, but I did not see it.
> This is the second BEVI I have chased and lost. Maybe the 3rd time will be
> the one.
> Janine Robin
> Folsom LA

Join us on Facebook!