Date: 2/26/17 7:08 pm
From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr...>
Subject: [obol] Linn County Gyrfalcon - Yes & No
Yes - because others told me the bird sitting on a fence post 0.4579 miles
away was a Gyrfalcon.

Lesson learned - If you arrive a stakeout and are able to identify the top
birders in the group, don't let them out of your sight. :-)

Today, I let the group of Issac Denzer, Hendrik Herlyn, Oscar Harper, Kai
and Ben Frueh out of my sight and not long afterward they followed the
falcon to a perch where they were rewarded with awesome views.

It was a fun stakeout nonetheless - everyone was excited, cars approached
sometimes at too high speed (mine included), with high-fives being
generously shared by all.

I hope the bird, weather, and my work schedule all come together to give me
another chance to get this species on my life list.

Jack Williamson
West Linn, Oregon

Join us on Facebook!