Date: 2/26/17 6:44 pm
From: Howard Wu <howiewu1...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Pohick Bay this afternoon - lingering Tundra Swans
Hi,

This afternoon I made brief stops at Mason Neck National Wildlife Refuge
(Great Marsh Trail, not the State Park), then at Pohick Bay Regional Park,
around 3-5pm.

I was expecting to see some eagles at Pohick Bay, but saw none; I wasn't
expecting to see Tundra Swans, and at Great Marsh Trail I scanned briefly
(and not very carefully) and did not see any. However, at Pohick Bay, I was
rather surprised to see a small group across the water from the boat launch
area. They were very far, and because of the wind and water vapor, I only
got very fuzzy pictures of them, but I think they were distinctly Tundra
Swans.

Howard Wu
Herndon, VA