Date: 2/26/17 4:11 pm
Subject: Sunday evening Pungo report
Hi Folks

Derb Carter and I spent the last two hours of the day on the southwest side of the lake. Yes the evening flight of waterfowl from the lake and impoundments is still going on. Among the thousands of Tundra Swans and Snow Geese flying over and in the fields, the best birds we picked out were 5 Gr. White-fronted, 2 Ross's, and 20 Cackling Geese. Fifteen Cacklers flew over us, giving their distinctive calls. Five others were found in the field along Canal D road. The White-fronts were also in the field. By the way, we noted definitely fewer birds this time, so the birds must be in the process of leaving the area for the season.

Later, Ricky

Ricky Davis
Ricky Mount, NC

Sent from my iPhone