Date: 2/26/17 3:53 pm
From: <asb1960...>
Subject: Fwd: [MASSBIRD] King's Beach, Lynn/Swampscott - Mew Gull - Special Thanks to John Quigley for finding this beauty
----------Original Message----------
From: <asb1960...>
Date: Feb 26, 2017 6:20:19 PM
Subject: [MASSBIRD] King's Beach, Lynn/Swampscott - Mew Gull
To: <massbird...>

King's Beach, Lynn/Swampscott, Essex, Massachusetts, US
Feb 26, 2017 1:20 PM - 2:00 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments: Windy, sunny day. Lots of dogs off leash on beach
10 species

Brant 23
White-winged Scoter 4 Just off of Red Rock Park
Bufflehead 10
Red-breasted Merganser 4 just off of Red Rock park
Common Loon 3
Mew Gull 1 Seen on beach with other gulls by where the fresh water
runs into the ocean. I observed it for at least 15 -20 minutes until a
woman with her dog scared it away. Slightly smaller gull than
ring-billed, dark eyes, smaller more slender beak with no ring. This
bird is banded on right foot but none of my photos were able to pick
up the number.
Ring-billed Gull 47
Herring Gull 23
Great Black-backed Gull 5