Date: 2/26/17 3:36 pm
From: Theresa Lawson <tmlawson1...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Chukar Hereford SEAZ

My husband and I saw a Chukar in our neighbor's yard at 3:45 this afternoon. We first heard it vocalizing and then got very good looks. We also got good pictures and even a short video. Bird was very cooperative and was chasing off Gambel's quail. I am pretty sure these birds are raised by breeders and wonder if this one might be an escapee. Hereford is clearly not in this birds normal range. Should I assume that this one is an escapee or do I have a rare bird in my neighborhood? It would be a life bird for both of us.

Theresa Lawson
Hereford, AZ
Sent from my iPad