Date: 2/26/17 2:05 pm
From: Matthew Dodder <mdodder...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Alviso A16 (02-25-17)
Folks,

I made a midday dash to the Alviso EEC yesterday on my way home from a class field trip. As I arrived, an adult BALD EAGLE flew over the New Chicago Marsh and salt pond A16 before continuing north. It managed to completely flush all the Shorebirds and Gulls I had hoped to scan through... After some time, they settled down again I got great looks at a nice variety of Gulls. Nothing unexpected, but huge numbers of HERRING GULLS, a very nice group of THAYER'S GULLS, GLAUCOUS-WINGED, WESTERN, CALIFORNIA and RING-BILLED GULLS.

Matthew Dodder
Mountain View

Join us on Facebook!