Date: 2/26/17 11:33 am
Subject: Razorbills flight at Jennette's Pier
Hi Folks

Derb Carter and I spent the morning at Jennette's Pier at Nags Head and witnessed one of those impressive Razorbills flights. In 3.5 hours we counted almost 8,000 Razorbills flying north and many more spread out on the water too! We looked very hard for Dovekies or Murres but to no avail. Also Red-throated Loons put on a big show with over 3,200 counted moving north. We did have a few other goodies including a Pacific Loon flying north not very far off the end of the Pier, 3 Manx Shearwaters flying north(one was very close to the end of the Pier), and two Little Gulls (adult and 1st winter). Yesterday we did have 3 Dovekies, two off the Pier, and one out from the Ramada Inn North.

Later, Ricky

Ricky Davis
Ricky Mount, NC

Sent from my iPhone