Date: 2/26/17 8:11 am
From: birdrecords <birdrecords...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Owl harassment article and suggestions
Everyone loves to see an owl but how do we do so responsibly? Reports of owl harassment last winter prompted New Hampshire Bird Records to address that question. We collected examples of owl harassment and discuss safe owl-viewing in an article in the Winter 2015-16 issue of New Hampshire Bird Records now available on the web at:
http://nhbirdrecords.org/our-journal-new-hampshire-bird-records/current-issue-of-nh-bird-records/
Send the link to others who might want to know!

The Winter 2015-16 issue is a tribute to retiring Winter Season Editor, Pam Hunt. Subscribers can read her last season summary with all the highlights from last winter. You can also read about how much fun participants had in the 2016 Superbowl of Birding, as well as a summary of the Christmas Bird Survey by David Deifik. Learn something new about trail cameras and birds in an article by Eric Aldrich. Have you wondered why you aren't seeing as many Evening Grosbeaks these days? Find out what we know about their decline. Local expert Chris McPherson (discoverer of the Redwing) describes where to bird in Hollis. Does the term "foot quivering" make you curious? See what Brenda Sens was able to find out about this odd behavior. And don't forget other enjoyable features such as the Photo Quiz, Field Notes, Photo Gallery, and an update by the NH Rare Birds Committee.

For information on how to subscribe and read these articles:
http://nhbirdrecords.org/subscribe-and-support-nh-bird-records/subscribe-and-support-nh-bird-records/
or go directly to the on-line subscription page:

Becky Suomala
New Hampshire Bird Records Editor
NH Audubon