Date: 2/26/17 5:58 am
From: Robyn A. Puffenbarger <rpuffenb...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Wilson's Snipe
Hello -

I am teaching an every other year elective in biology for Bridgewater College, ornithology, with a full class of 11 students. This is the first year I had to turn away potential students since the one lab (and one van!) was already full. I hope that is a harbinger of things to come for the demand for the class. I have to say that I hope being out last Thursday without gloves, hat or jacket in Feb. with temps of 50F at 7 am is not a sign of things to come!

We are out on Thursdays, 7-10:30 am. This week, at Leonard's Pond (Faught's Road) off Cross-Keys Road on east side of I-81, we had two Wilson's Snipe. One was right close to the van at the pond edge, and both were present again on Saturday. We also had two Eastern Towhees in a walnut tree right at the pull off for Lake Campbell at Masanetta Springs.

Cheers -
Robyn Puffenbarger, Ph.D. | Chair, Biology | Associate Professor of Biology
phone: 540-828-5713 | fax: 540-828-5661 | online: bridgewater.edu