Date: 2/26/17 4:53 am
From: Jan Pierson <jpierson...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Merlin in Brunswick
Hi all:

Yesterday afternoon (Feb 25) a single Merlin was calling loudly in several series from the top of a tall White Pine adjacent to Druckenmiller Science Building on the Bowdoin College campus; this is the same vicinity in which a pair of Merlins has nested regularly for at least about 15 years now, and such a sighting would be run-of-the-mill at this location from late March or early April forward but seems remarkable for late February. Spring has apparently sprung for one of the pair here. I'll keep my eyes and ears out for the mate.

Best to all,
Jan

Jan Pierson
Field Guides Birding Tours