Date: 2/25/17 7:49 pm
From: Henry Armknecht <armknecht...>
Subject: Salina vicinity today
My wife had a meeting in Salina today, so I took advantage to bird a little
in the area. Ottawa State Lake produced an apparent first county record
Hermit Thrush. Driving cross country from Salina to Marquette, I ran across
a mixed bluebird flock that contained at least 3 Mountain Bluebirds. They
were first sighted in Saline County just as I came to the McPherson County
line and flew into McPherson County were I was able to get good looks to
confirm at least 2 males and 1 female Mountain Bluebird. There were also at
least 5 Eastern Bluebirds. The rest of the flock flew off before I could see
them not back-lighted and get an ID.

Henry A.

Hays

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html