Date: 2/25/17 6:49 pm
From: James P. Beneteau <beneteau...>
Subject: RE: [Tweeters] OT: Nikon p900 superzoom for serious bird photography
I have not but did buy the Nikon P610. Just did
a comparison and the only difference in specs I
could see was that the 900 was double the weight. (??)
However, that said, I'm not that happy with the
P610. The autofocus sometimes insists on being
out of focus at certain zoom lengths and I have
to change the zoom to get it to focus. It isn't
quick to switch between auto and manual focus
either for those tricky shots where there is something in front of the bird.

Jim Beneteau
Arlington, Wa

Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 17:13:29 -0800
From: "Dusty Bleher" <TweeterReader...>
Subject: RE: [Tweeters] OT Anyone used the Nikon p900 superzoom for
serious bird photography?
To: "'Tweeters'" <tweeters...>
What I saw of the pictures and video, it sure
seems to offer some good zoom
properties. Certainly seems easier to use and
far more capable than my old Panasonic (35mm
film—yes, it’s old :) !) and the many lenses I used to carry for it.
Since I’m in the market for a new travel
camera, is not this one, does anyone have any other favorites?

Dusty
Lake Stevens, WA