Date: 2/25/17 5:39 pm
From: Tom Grey <tgrey...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Arastradero Red-shouldereds mating
I was at Arastadero from 10 to 12 this morning: cold, clear, beautiful!
RED-SHOULDERED HAWKS starred. I saw a pair of them mating in a tree on the
east ridgeline above Arastradero Creek just past the lake. With
characteristic avian efficiency, they finished the business part of the
transaction before I could get the camera on them, but they did hang around
for afterglow photos.
http://www.pbase.com/tgrey/image/165024658

Earlier, I caught a RSHA flying by near the road, I believe from a
different pair:
http://www.pbase.com/tgrey/image/165024731

There was lots of early spring activity, singing and courting. A WESTERN
MEADOWLARK was singing from a fallen tree up the west slope, when three
EUROPEAN STARLINGS flew in and surrounded him:
http://www.pbase.com/image/165024657

After taking in the situation, he flew off.
--
Tom Grey
www.pbase.com/tgrey

Join us on Facebook!