Date: 2/25/17 5:24 pm
From: Jon Woolf <jsw...>
Subject: Re: [NHBirds] Winter Finch Trip
I can add two more Bald Eagles to the tally. While driving back to
Berlin along Route 16, Reinhild and I had two adult eagles flying past
- close together, very possibly a mated pair. I can't give an exact
location, but it was only a few miles north of Berlin, just north of a
large bay or lake in the Androscoggin River that's always littered
with ice-fishing huts whenever there's ice on the river.

Several people reported a Red-bellied Woodpecker at the same location
where we had the grosbeaks, and didn't you hear a Pileated Woodpecker
near Lake Umbagog?

-- Jon Woolf
Manchester, NH

At 07:47 PM 2/25/2017, Kathy Dube wrote:

here are the results of the Winter Finch Trip sponsored by the
Seacoast Chapter of NH
12 participants
record high temperatures for our annual WFT
began in Gorham, ended in Wentworths Location

Ducks
common merganser
hooded merganser
common goldeneye

Grosbeaks
pine-just 3
evening 30, mostly males

Bohemian waxwings 100, up close and for 15 minutes, some landing
on clean snow

Mourning doves

Black capped chickadees

goldfinch

Canada geese

Nuthatches
white breasted
red breasted

Bald eagle, about as close as one can get to an eagle, sat in a
tree above us on E. Milan road, many photos taken

house sparrows

crows

ravens

blue jays

downing wp

starlings

white winged crossbill, unfortunately not seen by all, 1 male in
the middle of the road north of Errol

Kathy Dube

--
To Change your e-mail delivery settings (digest, daily, no mail)
visit: