Date: 2/25/17 5:10 pm
From: DAWN CAMPBELL-CURRIE <0000005e81cf5274-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: [BRDBRAIN] Viera Wetlands and More Lost Habitat
Thanks for all the replies. Several were also concerned about the habitat loss. Others informed me that the primary reason is not development, but the elimination of Brazilian Pepper, a highly invasive species that took over that area from native flora. Looks pretty extreme - it will be interesting to see how things go over the coming months/years.
Dawn Currie
Melbourne, Brevard County