Date: 2/25/17 12:41 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Eugene area birds
I spent the morning doing some local birding with Brandon Green and Tye Jeske. Highlights were six SNOW geese with Cacklers off Alvadore Rd., 600 Tundra Swans along Meadowview just west of 99, about 1300 gulls along Bond Rd. just east of the junction with Bud Vaughan (3:2 Mew:Ringbill) and small flocks of Tree Swallows along several of the ditches in the grass country.

Bald Eagles were remarkably obvious, with birds in sight the entire morning. A couple of Turkey Vultures were near Meadowlark Prairie.

Speaking of the Western Meadowlark, several were heard singing. No Ospreys were heard.

Odd result: we checked a lot of water features including Kirk Pond and found zero Pied-billed Grebes. Are the wintering birds already moving?

No sign of the Harris's Sparrow or its entire flock. There was no seed on the roadside there; I put some out.

Brandon and Tye can add what I forgot.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

<acontrer56...>