Date: 2/25/17 11:25 am
From: Greg Pasquariello <greg...>
Subject: [cobirds] Re: Rough legged hawk
I'm going to amend this to unidentified buteo. It might be a Harlans.
This bird has long wings, to the end of the tail, and it -appears- to have
feathered tarsi. It has the "small billed" look that I associate with
rough leg. However, it's much more sooty than any rough leg I've seen and
the light parts are not as blonde. Finally, just before I left, it fanned
it's tail, and there's a bit of red just above a darker band. I did not
see it fly.

Regards
-Greg Pasquariello

*​Highlands Ranch CO*