Date: 2/25/17 7:22 am
From: David Govatski <david.govatski...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Black-backed Woodpeckers at Mud Pond in Jefferson
I watched a pair of Black-backed Woodpeckers from the Boardwalk along the Mud Pond Trail in Jefferson on Saturday morning. This is well over a mile from where I saw three on Friday near Little Cherry Pond. It appears they were looking for good food sources based on their territorial behavior. The trail is icy in a few spots so micro spikes are recommended. The trailhead for the Mud Pond and Mooseway Trails is off Route 116 in Jefferson. The trailhead is plowed for winter foot and ski access to the Pondicherry National Wildlife Refuge.

David Govatski
Jefferson, NH

Sent from my iPhone