Date: 2/24/17 7:51 pm
From: jen brumfield <elfin_skimmer...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Erie County highlights - California Gull
Dan G and I birded Erie County, starting out early for the morning flight at Sherod Park. Highlights were massive movement of blackbirds and crows, 7 meadowlarks, 70 Horned Larks, 11 Lapland Longspurs, many robins and bluebirds, 5 Cackling Geese with Canada Goose flock, and 246 Killdeer.

At the Erie County landfill, an adult basic CALIFORNIA GULL in the midst of many hundreds of Herring and Ring-billed, and 5 Lesser Black-backed Gulls.

A small movement of migrant raptors kicked up after 1 pm with several Red-shouldered Hawks and a small push of Turkey Vultures.

Jen Brumfield
Cleveland, OH