Date: 2/24/17 5:29 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Coos Eider Update
Jan Hodder left me a message today. She said a male KING EIDER in breeding
plumage was in the bay off their Fossil Point residence and wasn't sure if
it was the same eider from earlier in the winter. I suspect it is. Best bet
to see this bird is low tide when you can walk out around the point. Jan
also mentioned that the herring were in and that the bay was stuffed with
gulls feeding off Fossil Point. Sounds like a great time to look for the
eider!

I won't have a chance until Sunday...

No snow on the ground here today although we had snow inthe AM. The snow
level is pretty low in the Coast Range though.

Happy birding,
Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!