Date: 2/24/17 3:25 pm
From: Colin Dobson <birdingboy...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Scott and Morgan counties 2-24-17
blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Birds are diffenately moving with the front.
Checked Winchester Sewage Ponds first to see if there's any ducks because there's usually hundreds of ducks this time a year there. Not many ducks at all, only 5 species too. But there was a Red-headed Woodpecker near the gate.
Right after the sewage ponds I found a flock of blackbirds nearby and I could find a few Rusties and 2 BREWER'S.
As I was going towards Jacksonville on Winchester Woodson Road, I saw a huge flock of blackbirds. 30-40 thousand. I found immature YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRD while looking at a group of blackbirdS flying and watched it land. The birds kept on getting up a lot.  Mostly grackles on the flock but still found some more Rustys and one more Brewers. This is only ONE MILE from the MORGAN county LINE. Wished it was over just another mile east :(
New birds showed up at Lake Jacksonville today. I've checked the lake everyday for the last 6 days! New arrivals include 11 RED-BREASTED MERGANSERS, 2 Pied-billed Grebes, and a COMMON LOON! I get loons every year there just not late February.
Mauvaiseterre was almost completely dead. Not even one duck.
Colin DobsonMorgan <countyBirdingboy...>

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Join us on Facebook!