Date: 2/24/17 2:42 pm
From: 'Derek and Jeannette Lovitch' via Maine birds <maine-birds...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Additional Highlights This Week, 2/18-24
Hi all,

Some more of my observations of note over the past seven days included the following:
- 1 Northern Shrike, Merrill Road, Freeport, 2/18 and 2/24.
- 1 PACIFIC LOON (likely same bird as we found at the Cliff House a couple of weeks ago) with a distant raft of Common Loons (too far for photos), off Marginal Way, Ogunquit, 2/19 (With Birds on Tap - Roadtrip! tour group).
- 1 continuing NORTHERN PINTAIL X MALLARD hybrid and three continuing Wood Ducks, Abbott's Pond, York, 2/19 (with Birds on Tap - Roadtrip! tour group).
- 4 Pine Grosbeaks, Orono Bog at Stillwater Avenue, Bangor/Orono, 2/20 (with Jeannette).
- 10 Pine Grosbeaks, Littlefield Gardens, University of Maine at Orono, 2/20 (with Jeannette).
- immature male and female KING EIDERS continue, Portland Harbor, 2/21 (with Jeannette).
- 1 adult and 1-2 1st-winter Iceland Gulls, Portland Harbor, 2/21 (with Jeannette).
- about 250 Greater and Lesser Scaup (exact proportions indecipherable as they were actively diving along with a raft of White-winged Scoters and Common Eider), Wharton Point, Brunswick, 2/23.

-Derek

Derek and Jeannette Lovitch
Freeport Wild Bird Supply
541 Route One, Suite 10