Date: 2/24/17 12:54 pm
Subject: Re: Armchair birding through books

> Of course, a more light-hearted book about listers is "*The Big Year: A
> Tale of Man, Nature, and Fowl Obsession*". Don't be dissuaded if you saw
> the movie based on this book, because the book is factual and much
> better done as is often the case.
>
> - Jim George
> Chapel Hill, NC

Having happened to have been on a birding tour with Sandy Komoto a
couple of years ago, I second Jim's comment about the factuality of the
book vs. the movie. The book had Sandy down to a T; the movie was all
wrong. The other two main characters were not changed as much IMHO. I
had seen the movie, but not read the book, when I met Sandy. I was quite
puzzled as to why no character in the movie fit. The real Sandy is an
interesting character, but I guess they needed to create a villain for
the movie.

So much for "artistic license" as applied in cinema. ;-)

Ann

Ann Truesdale
<anntrue...>
Meggett, SC