Date: 2/24/17 10:25 am
From: David Antieau <dkantieau...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Chicago river birds
Dear birders,
I had a beautiful pair of Northern Shovelers (FOY), and a beautiful pair of Hooded Mergansers with the Mallards and goldeneyes on the river, seen from California Park roughly adjacent to the south end of the fieldhouse. Unfortunately, I didn't walk over. The shovelers would have been firsts for my walking list.
At Richard Clark Park, just south of Addison at Rockwell, there were 9 Killdeer in the large field north of the buildings.
Yesterday, at Addison and Laramie, I had a pair of Eurasian Collared Doves perched on a light post just north of the intersection (FOY).
For the birds!
Dave <Antieaudkantieau...>, Cook County

Join us on Facebook!