Date: 2/24/17 10:17 am
From: Richard Price <rprice210...>
Subject: Spotted Sandpiper at Boiling Springs Cumberland County
While catch and release fly-fishing at the mouth of Boiling Springs Run, I saw a Spotted Sandpiper working the bank of the Yellow Breeches yesterday morning at about 9:50AM. I stopped fishing and watched the bird for several minutes doing its characteristic bobbing. Although I occasionally encounter these birds while fishing small streams in the area, I don't ever recall seeing one as early as February. It should be noted that later in the day the high temperature broke the record for the day at 72 degrees F, after several days of unseasonably warm weather.

Rick Price

Join us on Facebook!