Date: 2/24/17 10:06 am
Subject: RE: Armchair birding through books
Although not exclusively about birding, Edwin Way Teals’ four books about traveling in each season through the United States are great reads. He, and his wife, saw all of nature (including much about birds), had a great style of writing and knew and also quoted when relevant the great naturalists that came before. Also much history about populations of birds in the U.S., migration, etc. as well as everything from insects to mammals. Human interest also – for example, about the lady in south Texas (the name escapes me) who took up birding relatively late and was reporting birds that the experts didn’t think were there – until they came down and drove around with her (and her small dog)!

Bill Haddad
Spruce Pine, N.C.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10