Date: 2/23/17 5:33 pm
From: Peggy Wang <nharrierpw...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Tucson Sam Lena La Waterthrush yes
The Louisiana Waterthrush was seen well around 3 pm today from the bike path near the Country Club entrance of the San Lena Park as previously described. It was chipping loudly and came out into an open muddy area/"beach" of the pond not far from the bike path for great views. It then flew N towards the large stand of cattails & was not seen again.

I was lucky the bird appeared right after I arrived. Two other birders had been waiting about an hour. They said a Coopers Hawk flew through earlier which quieted everything down. We saw the hawk fly out after the Waterthrush flew towards the cattails so at least we know the warbler wasn't the hawk's dinner this time.

The female Com Goldeneye was still hanging out in the W pond lined w/plastic. There was also a female Greater Scaup along with a few Lesser Scaup as well as Am Wigeon, Gadwall, N Shoveler, GW Teal & Ring-neckeds. Numerous Com Mergs & Neotropical Cormorants.

A few Rough-winged Swallows also.

Peggy Wang
Tucson

Sent from my iPhone