Date: 2/23/17 2:53 pm
From: Alice Horst <ahorst...>
Subject: [BRDBRAIN] Marion County birding, near The Villages
We went to Forest Hill Cemetery, off of cr42, to check on Bald Eagle’s nest. We saw 1 adult at nest apparently feeding 2 chicks which we could see only after adult flew off. Then we saw 2 adults soaring very high in sky.

This was the best I could do to show the 2 Eaglets after the adult left the nest.

Then we went to Hope Boat Ramp, off of Sunset Harbor Drive:
The white caps on Lake Weir made it hard to find any Common Loons but I found one with the help of my scope. We also saw 2 Limpkins, 1 Pied-billed Grebe, Great Blue, Tricolor, and Little Blue Herons, Sandhill Cranes, 10 Forster’s Terns, 12 Ring-billed Gulls, Osprey, Eastern Phoebe, Northern Cardinal, American Crows, Boat-tailed Grackles.

Every day is a GREAT day to go birding!
Alice Horst
Marion County, Fl.
<ahorst...>