Date: 2/23/17 9:19 am
From: Jonathan Lutz <jlutz...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Paton Center construction, bird activity update
Good morning, birders!

Construction activity at the Paton Center for Hummingbirds will continue
through the end of next week. Today through Saturday will likely be noisy
and busy with heavy equipment as we receive materials and enter the final
stage of preparing the backyard viewing area. Next week, Monday through
Friday, we'll have a variety of projects in progress, ranging from rock
work to invasive grass removal along Sonoita Creek. The property will start
returning to normal--quiet, peaceful, and birdy--the week of March 6. I'll
provide an update to the listserv when we have a re-opening date for the
Paton backyard.

All of this said, bird activity at the Paton Center remains positive. This
morning we've enjoyed looks at Abert's Towhee, Green-tailed Towhee, a
healthy flock of White-crowned Sparrows, Curved-billed Thrashers, and at
least 1 male Lazuli Bunting. A Violet-crowned Hummingbird is being seen
daily and throughout the day, though patience is required and it's helpful
to stake out feeders in both the meadow garden and the front yard.

Happy birding, folks.

Best regards,
Jonathan Lutz

Jonathan E. Lutz