Date: 2/23/17 8:46 am
From: Lucy De Lap <ldelap...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Sightings along the Fox in Dundee 2/22 5:30-6:30 pm
On a casual walk across the pedestrian bridge from East Dundee through downtown West Dundee and back with bird watching not the main goal, we were surprised first by a FOY flock(?) of 25 or so turkey vultures making their way north along the river. (Is there a proper name for a flock of vultures?)

Next we noted an adult bald eagle lazily gliding in circles over our villages (hardly rare for this area but still magnificent in the waning sun).
Then toward dusk, as we walked north in East Dundee a block or so from the river, we were especially surprised to see a bat (possibly 2) swooping around in search of food.

Lucy DeLapEast DundeeKane County

Join us on Facebook!