Date: 2/23/17 5:01 am From: <rcd2...> Subject: [wisb] Last Call for Totals
For those who have yet to submit their totals and intend to do so, the deadline for submission March 1. These totals will then be printed in The Badger Birder. Entry of totals is open to anyone who meets the thresholds. Those thresholds are shown below.
--Bob Domagalski, Manitowoc County
1. 2016 Wisconsin Year Total (threshold 200)
2. Wisconsin Life Total (threshold 200)
3. ABA Area Life Total (threshold 400) -The ABA Checklist delineation of the "ABA Area" will be used. Thus the ABA Area encompassed "the 49 continental states of the US, Canada, the French islands of St. Pierre and Miquelon (which will add numerous birds to most totals), the adjacent waters to a distance of 200 nautical miles from land or half the distance to a neighboring country, whichever is less. Excluded by these boundaries are Bermuda, the Bahamas, Hawaii, and Greenland." Participation in submitting this total is limited to those who have a claim to at least part time residence in Wisconsin.
4. 2016 BIGBY Total (sometimes called a Green Year) with a threshold of 100. This number is the total of species seen by selecting a center point (most likely your residence) and then noting all the birds found when walking, biking, canoeing, etc. from this central location. Any species found with the aid of a motorized form of transportation are not countable.
5. County Life Totals (threshold 125). For any county in which one has found 125 or more species, enter the name of the county followed by the number of species found.