Date: 2/22/17 8:29 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Question about albertaensis California Gull
I see these now and then but I have no idea as to their movements. I suspect that they winter more to the interior south, because I see very few in the huge July-October coastal swarms. I have a photo of one next to a Western, same size, a strange image.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

<acontrer56...>

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 22, 2017, at 8:07 PM, Zack Schlanger <schlanger99...> wrote:
>
> I've seen a few exceptionally large CAGU (about Herring size) this winter, including last weekend in Newport, and was wondering if anyone knows more about the winter range of these beauties. Does the bulk of the population end up south of Oregon? They don't seem to be around in large numbers in the NW, but they have to go somewhere, perhaps offshore?

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!