Date: 2/22/17 4:23 pm
From: S J <stevejner...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Techney Basin North - 02/22/17
Hello All,
At Techney North from 9:00am to 11:30am.
Green-winged Teal present at north end mud flats. 6M and 2F. Thanks to Al S. for all of his reports These were Lifer 238 for me!
American Kestral Male in various trees around prairie north of Sheraton Parking Lot.
Eastern Meadowlarks 2 on gravel trail just south of the north knuckle of pond. They scavenged briefly then flew north.
Mallards about 12 pair at north end.
Kildeer - 3 at north end mud flats and flying around.
Red-winged Blackbird - 8 males all calling.
I looked for but could not locate the female Northern Pintail seen here on 02/20/17.
Steve JnerCook County

Join us on Facebook!